Shalom, chaverim! Its feels so wonderful to be back online and to share my thoughts, views and teachings with those that I love and pray for. You! I have reinvented myself to become a higher person than I am now. I have dedicated my time to the study of Torah and the way of Jewish life. It has brought me such joy, peace and tranquility ever since I have re-embraced my Jewish Heritage which dates back further than the Holocaust, thanks to Ancestry.com and my Aunt Vickie.
I am studying Jewish law/history in hopes to be ordained as a Rabbi before I reach the young age of 32. I am proud to belong to the people Israel, whos' name means “one who wrestles with G-d...and prevails.” For though we have loved humanity, we have never stopped wrestling with it, challenging the idols of every age. And though we have loved G-d with an everlasting love, we have never stopped wrestling with G-d nor G-d with us.
I love my husband of 4 years; Garison Wash, my family and my faith, Judaism. Nothing has made me happier and more complete than anything in life. I am a Jew because, being a child of my people, I have heard the call to add my chapter to its unfinished story. I am a stage on its journey, a connecting link between the generations. The dreams and hopes of my ancestors live on in me, and I am the guardian of their trust, now and for the future.
I am fighting with the millions in hopes of Marriage Equality nationwide. I stand by the members of the gay community in the fight against homophobia, injustice and religious persecution. Being gay is not a sin. Promoting hate and bigotry and telling LGBT teens their lives don’t matter is. Being gay is not a choice. Using a religion to batter and beat and hurt is. Being gay is not wrong. Letting raging bigots use media to promote an agenda of fear and lies is.
I love my husband of 4 years; Garison Wash, my family and my faith, Judaism. Nothing has made me happier and more complete than anything in life. I am a Jew because, being a child of my people, I have heard the call to add my chapter to its unfinished story. I am a stage on its journey, a connecting link between the generations. The dreams and hopes of my ancestors live on in me, and I am the guardian of their trust, now and for the future.
I am fighting with the millions in hopes of Marriage Equality nationwide. I stand by the members of the gay community in the fight against homophobia, injustice and religious persecution. Being gay is not a sin. Promoting hate and bigotry and telling LGBT teens their lives don’t matter is. Being gay is not a choice. Using a religion to batter and beat and hurt is. Being gay is not wrong. Letting raging bigots use media to promote an agenda of fear and lies is.
So I hope you stick around for many wonderful and thoughtful blogs straight from the Aspiring Rabbi's mind.
Baruch HaBa B'Shem Adonai:
{Blessed is the Name of Adonai},
{Blessed is the Name of Adonai},
Aspiring Rabbi Jack Wash


No comments:
Post a Comment